Sunday, July 4, 2010

Oh dear.
I am leaving for Korea in approximately 3 days.
I will have no time to blog by that time, so I will blog now.

I have learned so much in this past week alone. It's amazing, yet at the same time... not all good.
First and foremost.
I realized this week that there is so much of me that I need to fix.
Maybe because they're not the typical family problem or substance abuse, I didn't recognize them, but they're undoubtedly there.
I wish I could be more open to addressing them, but I am embarrassed about them.
That is a flaw within itself.
I have to learn to be open and comfortable with others. Ugh.
I thought that my major flaws had been fixed, but I don't think so anymore.
Sigh. There's so much work to be done. Where do I begin?
I can't even use "I'm human" anymore.
Jesus said "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." -Matthew 6:48
Be. Not just "attempt". but Be.
I'm sure I will never reach perfection, but He probably wants me to try. Right?



I love this song and how they sing it.
I refuse to show Destiny Child's version, because of the Illuminati. Scary stuff.


Anyways.
I am headed off to Korea.
I realize that I am still basically the same Ashley from last year, except a tad more calloused.
It's terrible.
I have become so used to sin, that now I think it's acceptable for others to do it.
I have convinced myself that I am being "understanding", when all I really am doing is being compromising.
Yes. Maybe I am turning radically, but isn't that the point of following Jesus?
Which brings me to my first thing.
I am still Ashley.
Still the self-centered Ashley from junior year.
I should be completely transformed.
Everything I see should be completely different, yet the trees still have the same green hue.
Thus, I will be taking Korea not as just a vacation, but as a makeover session.
I want to come back changed, for the better of course.
I want to breathe in His presence every moment of the day.
Hopefully, the isolation from friends and family will do just that for me.



Sorry. I am bouncing from topic to topic.
I wish money wasn't a big deal.
I wish I never had to worry about money.
But then again, I don't have to worry about health, which sometimes, money can't buy.


Today's not a light topic.
Thanks for sticking with me folks.


See you from halfway across the world!


Please pray that North Korea doesn't bomb Seoul while I am there.
I'm serious.
It's a big worry.







God.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment