Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lesson #2

I went to Everland with my cousins today.
for about. 2 hours.
I haven't seen these cousins in like 9 years.

In these 9 years.. what has happened?
Both of their parents have passed away.
They have lost practically everything.
They are not educated through high school.
They have moved around from Brazil to Mexico to Korea in the span of a couple years.

And despite all this.
They are so open to love and to sacrifice.
My my.
What a humbling experience for me.
I am so eager to complain about everything and anything.
It is so simple for me.
When I get mad, nothing can penetrate me.
And these girls... who I would think have a right to be mad at the world.
Are offering to carry my bags, buy us food, take us to an amusement park.


My... How much have I failed?
The people who should receive more love are giving more to me.
I am the recipient.


Flaw #2.
Selfish Ashley.
I only think of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment