Its the first homework so it's attempting to define development.
But isn't development all relative anyways?
Unless, we define development with money, but that's a bit narrow minded. no?
And from my opinion, it just seems that money is the cause to more problems.
So I'm not sure if greater monetary wealth can be the be-all end-all for development.
And then, there's another definition which calls for a basic provisions for all people.
Call me a skeptic, but what is basic?
My mom always told me that people's greed can never run out.
And I think I've found that to be true.
When I get something, I always want something else.
If we give everyone the basics of food and water... wouldn't the level of "basic"-ness be pushed up?
I'm not too sure about this.
I'm not saying that it's not a goal worth pursuing. In fact, we should be working to help the sick, the poor, as Jesus calls us to.
I'm not too sure what I'm saying actually.
I just don't trust a lot of political authority anymore I guess. What gives them the right to decide that $1 a day is sufficient? I don't know.
I just don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment