Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Articulate

"Why do I write? To wrench those victims from oblivion. To help the dead vanquish death."-Elie Wiesel


I wish I were better at writing.
I don't necessarily want flowery writing, but writing that means something, that causes brain action, that creates an impulse to do something.
I wish I could make people feel what I feel- the claustrophobia of frustration, the exhilaration of joy, the relief of peace. I think if I were more articulate, then maybe there would be more freedom.
I know I can keep a journal, but I get very frustrated when I start writing in my journal. The speed of my thoughts exceed that of my hands, restricting my ability to write everything that I want to. In the end my journal entries turn out to be watered down thoughts of nothing, basically because of my laziness.
Then again, I could keep a journal on the computer, but then, I'm afraid that someone may one day read my innermost thoughts, the darkest parts of me. Also, there's something personal about having raw words without spell check or the automatic capitalizer.
Perhaps, I am just being too picky.
All in all, I wish I could write beautifully, inspirationally, genuinely.






Okay. Other than that, what's going on?
I've been living as a ghost.
These past couple months have been so busy that I haven't had time to just think.
My mind is cluttered and disorganized.
I have trouble caring for others, or even being considerate.
Blargh.
Jesus. Help.



Earthquakes all around.
Haiti, Chile, Japan, Taiwan.
All over 5.
The earthquake in Chile tilted the axis of rotation of the Earth.
Are you trying to say something, tell me something?
You must be so frustrated with me.
Be more obvious with me.
I am naive and ridiculous.
Sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment